10. Trust but Verify.
9. The Courts are an inefficient place to resolve disputes.
8. When people seem kinda crazy, it’s because they are.
7. Ignoring problems never makes them better, it makes them way worse.
6. Solving unsolvable problems doesn’t pay nearly as well as it should.
5. One of the most valuable skills to learn, and one of the hardest, is to say NO when you should.
4. Ethical attorneys know that ethics questions arise all the time. If you are in tune you see and consider them. Pay attention and don’t compromise yourself.
3. Clients are often under stress. It comes with the territory. Respond as if you know that.
2. You are what you say you are, and every day you can refine how you define (yourself).
1. Being a lawyer in private practice is WAY harder than one might think, but overall it was/is worth it. What a long strange trip it’s been!!!
Bonus thing learned in the Pandemic: See reality and adjust. It's a gift we all have, IF we choose to accept it!!!